Whiting Bible Church
WBC is a church where generations come together to grow in Christ. Though we are predominately a church of Senior’s we are committed to having an active youth ministry. We are seeking a full-time Youth Pastor and Worship Leader to join our pastoral staff.
1. Be a man of mature Christian Character whose life reflects the characteristics of I Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
2. Subscribe to the Statement of Faith, Constitution & By-Laws of WBC.
3. Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in youth ministry, Biblical studies, music or related ministry field of study. A seminary degree is a plus.
1. Lead and coordinate various youth activities for grades 7 through 12. These include Wednesday evening programs, mission trips, camps, retreats, and special events.
2. Build relationships by personally getting to know the youth and helping them to get closer God.
3. Able to teach compelling Bible lessons that encourage teens to desire a deeper spiritual life.
4. Teaches, encourages, and promotes meaningful prayer culture in the ministry and lives of the students.
5. Builds relationships and community within the youth group through games and activities. Must be able to promote and have fun!
6. Builds a close relationship with the adult leaders that assist in the youth group ministry.
7. Develops student musicians to lead worship during youth meetings.
8. Oversees and manages the youth ministry budget.
9. Act as Sunday School Superintendent
1. Works with the Senior Pastor for the overall worship experience.
2. Leads worship on the praise team in the Sunday 11:14 AM service.
3. Helps to coordinate praise teams, or possibly choirs to sing occasionally. .
4. Appreciates a variety of Christian musical songs and styles that are both traditional and contemporary.
1. Participates as a pastoral staff member with a highly supportive staff.
2. Maintains scheduled office hours within the church building.
3. Reports to the Senior Pastor for the coordination of ministry programs.
4. Communicates to parents regarding youth ministry programs and events.
5. Other pastoral duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Skills and Abilities
1. Current on software and technology relating to youth ministry.
2. Personable and teachable spirit by being willing to learn and grow.
3. Able to organize the day-to-day operations of ministry programs.
4. Experienced guitar or keyboard player and vocally proficient in praise and worship style of music.
A competitive salary and benefit package and housing are offered to the right ministry candidate.
Worship Style: Traditional and blended
Education Required: Bachelors
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Salary: Range between $50,000-$70,000
Pay to Relocate?: Yes
Job Status: Open
Latest posts by Jason Whitehorn (see all)
- “How Do I Deal With a Musician/Vocalist That Just Can’t Play/Sing?” - August 14, 2017
- To Augment Hymns or Not… - July 18, 2017
- U2 Just Took Us All To Church - May 24, 2017