Write Worship Songs? Get One Professionally Recorded
Are you a songwriter? Have you written a song that your church has been singing – and you’d like the chance to have other churches singing it, too? Our friends over at Faithlife Proclaim are holding a New Worship Song contest, and your original song could be recorded by an industry pro! You could also win Logos Bible Software and a year of Proclaim!
There will be two winners, and it’s easy to enter.
How to enter
Read the official rules before entering, but here’s a summary:
- Post in the Faithlife Proclaim group on Faithlife.com with the hashtag #worshipsongcontest and attachments of an audio recording and typed lyrics (using the Media button).
- Enter by May 27.
- Ensure your song is (1) entirely original, (2) clearly for the local church (i.e., congregational singing), and (3) not currently published through any label.
How winners are chosen
One winner will be chosen by industry experts who will judge each entry, and the other by the public through voting. Each winner will get their song professionally produced, plus Logos 7 Gold and a free year of Proclaim.
Public voting takes place May 28–June 4 on Faithlife.com/proclaim.
Three important notes about the contest
- On originality: While mostly up to the interpretation of the contest judge, originality does exclude retuned hymns or new lyrics set to established melodies. Direct quotation of Scripture is accepted, but moderation is encouraged, since this is an original worship song contest.
- On audio quality: Any kind of digital recording will do, but keep in mind that the higher the quality, the more likely the contest judge and public will enjoy your song and vote for it. No need to spend hours making it sound perfect—that’s what you’ll get if you win—but make sure the sound quality clearly reveals your song’s quality.
- On permission: By submitting your song, you grant Faithlife permission to store and present the audio and lyrics on their site. (You retain the rights to the song.)
Now get out there and write (or fine-tune) your song! Once you’ve recorded it, post it to Faithlife.com/proclaim with the lyrics and hashtag “#worshipsongcontest”.
What is Faithlife Proclaim?
Faithlife Proclaim is church presentation software that makes building service slides a breeze. Built from the ground up for pastors, worship leaders, and volunteers, it’s intuitive and highly specialized for church services.
It also comes with unlimited installs on Mac and PC, so anyone on staff or your volunteer team can use it—and all work syncs to the cloud, making collaboration easy.